Want the best window seat to gaze at the cloud or the aisle seat for more leg space and direct access to the aisle? Well, you can choose your seat while booking on Air Canada with Air Canada Seat Selection. This seat selection manual will guide you through the process of selecting seats and all the information related to it so that you can relax and enjoy your comfortable flight.
Air Canada is the flag carrier and the largest airline that is currently being operated in terms of fleets and passengers carried in Canada. It is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec and operates on 64 domestic destinations and 158 international destinations across 6 continents. The airline has the major hubs in Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ), Montreal – Trudeau International airport and Vancouver International Airport. With a massive customer base, the airline provides customers the liberty to choose Air Canada free seat selection for comfortable journeys. Keep on reading to know how to select your seat on Air Canada.
What is Air Canada Seat Selection Policy?
For those customers who like to have their seat confirmed before check-in, Air Canada allows you to choose seats through Seat Selection policy.
- Passengers have the liberty to choose their desired seats within 24 hours of booking.
- In case you have missed the 24 hour time slot, you can still book your seat after that by paying the seat selection fee.
- Those passengers who are premium members of the airlines can select their seats anytime without any charges.
- If a passenger upgrades its Air Canada seat booking 3 hours before scheduled departure then the passenger has to pay for the upgrade cost.
- Passengers travelling with infants or specially-abled persons can choose their seats according to their preference at the check-in counter.
- A passenger travelling for an international destination can choose their seat 48 hours prior to departure without any cost.
- Passengers can choose their preferred seat at the time of check-in only if the seats are available.
- The passengers can book their seats through online seat selection or they can contact the airline customer service for assistance.
How To Select Seat While Booking on Air Canada?
If you want to have your preferred seat, you can book your seat at the Air Canada seat selection option available on the official website.
- Visit the official website of Air Canada.
- Go to the ‘flights’ option to fill in your passenger related details like date of the journey, departure and arrival destination, your date of birth and number of passengers travelling. Then click on the ‘Find’ option to choose your preferred flight among the available ones.
- After choosing your preferred flight, add your passenger details again and number of passengers in one PNR and click on continue.
- Now, after that you can choose your seat from the seat map given. If you are booking your seat while booking then no Air Canada seat selection fee will be applicable.
- After selecting, proceed to pay to confirm your booking.
How To Select Seat After Confirmed Booking?
If you have missed booking the seat within 24 hours of the time slot then you can still book your seat before the departure at no additional cost. Although Air Canada does allow you to book your preferred seat even after confirming booking. You can book your seats during check-in only if your desired seats are available. Otherwise, if you want to have confirmed seats before check-in then you have to pay additional charges for seat selection. You can choose your seat by Air Canada my booking seat selection option on the website. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of Air Canada and search for option ‘my booking’.
- Then click on the tab and fill the required details like booking ID and last name.
- After that, you can choose your desired seat from the available seat on the flight.
- Lastly, proceed to make the payment required for the seat.
Air Canada Seat Selection on Different Classes
Air Canada constantly improves to meet every passenger’s needs and to ensure that Air Canada offers three fare types.
- Economy Class
- Premium Economy
- Business Class
If you are booking your tickets in Economy class then the Air Canada Seat Selection fee is applicable on this fare type. Also, economy class has some subsidiary class fare which includes Basic Economy, Economy Standard, Economy Flex, Economy Comfort, Economy Latitude. The prices and services in these classes are minimum because of the lowest fare charges.
Prices of Seat Selection on Different Classes
Seat Selection highly depends on passengers destination and seat availability. However, Air Canada has approximate costs for every class type. Choosing a seat in economy class can cost you additional charges as the tickets are considered to be base fare. For Business and Premium Economy, the seat selections are complementary thus you don’t have to pay any Air Canada seat selection charges.
- For Domestic flights, seat selection can range up to $20 – $100
- For International flight, seat selection can range up to $30 – $100.
Choosing your preferred seat is not difficult anymore, you can simply choose your seat on Air Canada within 24 hours of booking or you can just do it 24 hours before departure during check-in. You can also book your ticket in the premium economy and business class to avoid the hassle of seat selection altogether. So if you don’t want any hassle during seat selection then read this guide and choose your desired seat with Air Canada Seat Selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Air Canada allow customers for seat selection?
Yes, Air Canada allows customers to choose their desired seat without any seat selection cost only if the seat was chosen during confirming the booking or at the time of check-in. Apart from that, seat selection can cost your additional charges.
What does Air Canada charge for selecting a seat before check-in?
The Seat Selection charges depend on your routes, destination and class. To save money on seats, choose your seat while booking or at the time of check-in.
How to select seats online on Air Canada?
You can simply book your seats during booking online. For that, you have to visit the official website of Air Canada where you will see a ‘flights’ option to fill in your passenger related details like date of the journey, departure and arrival destination, your date of birth and number of passengers travelling. Choose from the available flights and then proceed to select your preferred seats. That’s how you choose seats online on Air Canada.
What if I don’t choose seat white booking on Air Canada?
If you don’t have any preferences of seat, then you can simply check-in for the flight and the airline will assign you any of the available seats onboard.
What is Flex Seat on Air Canada?
Flex seats are part of Economy class with wider seats compared to basic economy seats. Also it includes one free carry-on bag, advance seat selection and Maple Leaf lounge access for $50 extra.
Does Air Canada have reclining seats?
Air Canada offers reclining seats in premium economy class. The premium economy exhibits larger seats, extra legroom space for more premium experience.
How and when can I select and change my seat on the Air Canada flight?
You can simply choose your seat while booking to avoid losing your preferred seat later. Air Canada allows you to change your seat 2 hours before the scheduled departure to avoid any inconvenience later.
Does Air Canada always charge for seat selection?
The charges for seat selection depends on your fare type and destinations. If you have booked a ticket for economy class and haven’t chosen a seat during booking, then you might take a randomly assigned seat during check-in. Or you can simply purchase your seat through advanced seat selection.
What is the best seat to book on Air Canada?
Some of the preferred seats are located in the exit rows, bulkhead rows and first row of the cabin. However, these seats are only available for some people due to being in emergency rows.
Do I have to pay for a seat if I have booked in Business Class?
Air Canada offers complimentary seat selection to Business and Premium Economy class. You can enjoy larger seats and inflight meals along with other amenities in those two classes.