The mere occurrence of flight delays can be maddening. A simple flight delay can actually ruin your entire travel plans as well as your mood. On top of it, it gets worse when some airlines refuse to provide you with appropriate compensation. However, this is not the case with Alaska Airlines which ensures prioritising customers’ needs. We have prepared a comprehensive guide for you to understand Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation policy so that when you have flight with the airlines, you remain at ease incase of flight delay or cancellation.
Alaska Airlines is one of the major Airlines in America, operating from SeaTac Airport, Seattle in Washington. The airline is considered to be the fifth largest airline in the United States in terms of passengers carried. Alaska Airlines has 5 major hubs in Anchorage, Seattle, Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco. The airline is also a member of the world’s third largest airlines alliance; Oneworld. The airline has over 309 aircrafts in its fleet and operates on 115 destinations in 6 continents. Nearly 1200 flights are flown daily, it’s likely that Airlines face delays and cancellations once in a while. Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation policy is imperative in those situations. Keep on reading to know more about the compensation policy.
What is Alaska Airlines Compensation Policy?
The inconvenience of flight delay or cancellation can be problematic to both customers and airlines. However, Alaska Airlines makes sure to provide customers with a reasonable solution for delays and cancellation.
- In case of significant delays, the airlines rebook another flight for you for the same destination at no added cost.
- In case, if there is no next flight on the same date, then Airlines are responsible for rebooking you on a partnered flight without any cost.
- If your flight is delayed for one or more hours, according to the Alaska flight delay compensation policy, the airline will assist you to contact those who are waiting for you at the destination upon request.
- If your flight is delayed for three or more hours, the airlines will offer you reasonable meals to each ticket passenger. The quality of the meal will solely depend on the airport authorities only.
- If your overnight flight has been delayed to an extent of being cancelled, then upon request, the airlines will provide you with complimentary hotel accommodation, only if your place of residence is 100 or more miles away.
- Alaska Airlines can also provide you with hotel vouchers in case you are unable to find any accommodation near the airport as per Alaska Airlines delay compensation policy.
- If your flight is delayed for more than three hours, and the circumstances were under Airline’s control, then you can get a discount coupon for $50 valid for one year to use on a future Alaska flight. Or you can get 2,000 mileage points for future flights in Alaska.
- However, the airline will not take responsibility for delay incase of air traffic control, weather, or passenger’s illness.
Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation Under European Union (EU) Law
The European Union has some strict rules when it comes to compensations and delays of flight. The rules are mandatory for every flight/airline flying to or from Europe. Alaska delay compensation also follows the EU law incase of delays or cancellations. The law that protects passengers from delays and cancellations is called EU 261. The law clearly states that passengers facing delay will be provided food, drinks and access to communication. While in case of flight cancellation, the airline will offer accommodation and alternate flights. In other cases, you can even get compensation costs.
- In case your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours then the airline pays you €600 as flight compensation.
- In case your flight is delayed for 2 hours then airlines will provide you with an apology letter via email, along with a discount code valid for one year from the date of issuance according to the Alaska flight delay compensation policy.
- In case your flight is delayed for 1 hour, then the airline is required to assist the customer to make a phone call to inform those on the destination.
- If you decide to cancel your flight due to delay, then the airline allows you to reschedule the flight for an alternate day or refund the price of the ticket purchased.
What is Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Alaska Airlines is known for its customer centric policies to provide customers the best experience. That’s why the airline ensures to inform each customer about further reservations in case of flight cancellation before scheduled departure. In case, under Alaska delay compensation policy if the cancellation is due to delay under Airlines control, you are likely to get compensation for it.
24 hours Cancellation Policy
Alaska airlines allows you to cancel your flight within the 24 hours window after confirming your purchase to avoid any cancellation charges. After cancellation, you will receive a full refund on your ticket from the airlines.
More About Cancellation Policy in Alaska Airlines
The airlines have few regulations on flight change and cancellation policy that depends on your fare type while booking.
- You have to pay additional cost in case of flight change and fare difference between two flights.
- The Airlines will offer credit points for future travel plans or refunds depending on your fare. If your ticket fare is relatively low, the airline will offer you a flight discount code for future as per Alaska delay compensation regulations.
- You will be solely responsible for additional taxes and fare in the case of flight change. You will have to pay those additional charges regardless of booking in the same fare type.
What is Alaska Airlines Refund Policy?
The airline is reliable to pay full refund if the customer has cancelled the flight within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket. Alaska Airlines ensures customers to refund all eligible tickets within 20 business days for cash purchase and 7 business days for credit card purchases.
Any airline can delay and cancel your flights due to situations like bad weather, air traffic control, or even government restrictions. However, airlines do provide the customers with reasonable compensation in such situations. Alaska Airlines Delay Compensation policy also ensures to provide compensation to the customers to ease out the inconvenience caused by situations. However, the airlines will not be responsible for any compensation in case the flight has been delayed or cancelled due to bad weather or natural calamities. So, do read this guide to understand the compensation policy of Alaska Airlines to save your precious time and money.
Frequently Asked Question
How much will Alaska Airlines pay for compensation for flight delay?
In case of significant delays, the airlines rebook another flight for you for the same destination at no added cost. If you don’t want any alternative flight, then you can request a full-refund from the airlines.
Am I eligible to get a refund if my flight is delayed in Europe ?
In case your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours then the airline pays you €600 as flight compensation. If your flight is delayed for 2 hours then airlines will provide you with an apology letter via email, along with a discount code valid for one year from the date of issuance.
Does Alaska Airline offer alternate flight incase of delay?
In case of significant delays, the airlines reeboks you on another flight for the same destination at no added cost.
How fast does Alaska Airlines refund?
All the eligible refundable tickets can be refunded within 20 business days for cash purchases, while 7 business days for credit card purchases.
Does Alaska Airlines give flight credit?
You can cancel or change your flight up until scheduled departure. If you have booked a non-refundable ticket and cancelled it later, you’ll receive flight credits for future flights from Alaska Airlines. However, you are not eligible for flight credits if you have booked your ticket in Saver fare.
Does Alaska Airlines charge for cancellations?
You can cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchase for a full refund or you can also change your itinerary within 24 hours to avoid any change fee.
Can I get a refund if Alaska Airlines changes my flights?
If your departure or arrival time changes from one hour or more because the airline has changed your flight, you are eligible for a full refund for your ticket.
Will I receive compensation if my flight is delayed because of bad weather?
The airline will not take responsibility for delay incase of bad weather and natural calamities. Thus, you are not eligible for compensation in such a situation.
What if you miss your connecting flight due to Alaska Airlines flight delay?
In case of more than one hour of delay, you can ask Alaska Airline to contact the connecting flight airlines. Rest, it’s up to the second airline.
How to get flight compensation on Alaska Airlines?
To get flight compensation, you can fill the compensation form online available on the official website of Alaska Airlines. Add your credentials such as flight PNR, date of travel, departure airport. Or you can get in touch with customer service of Alaska Airlines to resolve your query.