On practically all transatlantic trips from Germany, Lufthansa, provides premium economy, a class that is between business and economy. The premium economy service offered by this carrier is a comfortable middle. All widebody Lufthansa aircraft operating long-haul routes out of Germany are configured with Premium Economy, except a tiny sub-fleet of A340 aircraft. While ground services are largely comparable to Economy, Lufthansa has worked to improve the Premium Economy experience over Economy in many ways. These improvements include a larger, more comfortable seat with more recline, plusher pillows, and blankets, an amenity kit, and upgraded meals. Let’s look into the in-depth information on this class right here.
Lufthansa Premium Airport Economy Experience
Premium Economy Lounge Access on Lufthansa
In addition to the Welcome Lounge (the arrivals area for passengers arriving locally) in Frankfurt, Lufthansa grants Premium Economy customers access to their business lounges at most airports (for an extra cost). In most cities, passengers can purchase tickets at the ticket window or the Lufthansa service desk. However, in Frankfurt and Munich, buy your tickets right there from the lounge.
Check-in for Lufthansa’s Premium Economy
Unless their Star Alliance or Lufthansa Miles & More status offers different perks, Premium Economy customers check in at the airport’s economy check-in areas.
Travelers in the premium economy can check two free bags weighing up to 23 kilos (50 pounds) each. In short, they will receive twice as much checked baggage as travelers in the economy. The carry-on baggage limit for travelers traveling in Lufthansa Airlines Premium Economy is equal to that of Economy.
Lufthansa Premium Economy Seats
Depending on the size, width, and narrowness of the plane, each seating configuration is unique.
1. Lufthansa’s A330
There are routes to the USA where this flight is available. There are 4 rows of 28 seats in a 2-3-2 arrangement. All of these seats have an 18-inch width. Further, due to the additional legroom, the seats near the entrance and exit are the best.
2. Premium Economy Class on Lufthansa’s A340-600
28 seats in a 2-3-2 arrangement are available on this aircraft. This airplane’s seats are 18 inches narrower than those on other planes. The seats are set out in four rows.
3. Lufthansa A350 premium economy
The most modern and quietest Lufthansa aircraft are those of this type. There are 21 seats in all, arranged in 3 rows in a 2-3-2 layout. The finest seats in this plane’s cabin are those away from the restrooms.
4. Lufthansa A380 Premium Economy
The ideal aircraft for booking in the premium economy class is this one. With 19-inch wide seats, this aircraft is the quietest in the air. 52 Premium Economy Recline seats are available on this Lufthansa aircraft. There are no middle seats in the third row, which has two seats on the left and two on the right. If you are going with a friend, these seats are the greatest.
5. Lufthansa 747 premium economy
Lufthansa 747-8 premium economy and the A747-4 are the two types of aircraft that fall within the A747 category. These two categories each contain 32 chairs that measure 19 inches broad and are arranged 2-4-2.
Food and Drinks options:
Customers traveling in the airline’s premium economy have access to a meal and beverage menu that they can choose from while on the flight. The food included on Lufthansa’s premium economy menu comes from Central Europe, albeit the specific dishes and beverages offered change depending on the trip and route.
The length of the journey affects your choices for food while flying with the premium economy:
- A main course, dessert, and snack (such as a wrap) are available on flights under 6 1/2 hours.
- You’ll get a main course, dessert, and cold breakfast before arrival on flights that are at least 6 1/2 hours long.
- On trips lasting at least nine hours, you’ll get a main dish, a sweet treat, and a warm breakfast like an omelet with freshly baked bread rolls.
- One thing to bear in mind is that customers in the premium economy no longer receive complimentary alcoholic beverages from Lufthansa.
Let’s See Details on Lufthansa Economy vs Premium Economy:
For travelers who only need access to the most basic amenities, Lufthansa’s Economy class offers a cost-effective option. Above all, visitors can choose from a wide selection of entertainment at their leisure. Usually, long-haul flights can occasionally get dull. However, seeing the newest movies, choosing from a wide variety of TV shows, and listening to international radio stations are all available while flying on a Lufthansa Economy flight. According to the time of your departure and arrival, travelers receive meals as well.
Moving forward, the Premium Economy class includes all of the Economy’s amenities that we mentioned above. Additionally, it offers up to 50% additional space for you to sit comfortably, two complimentary checked baggage, each weighing up to 23 kg.
How to Upgrade to Premium Economy Lufthansa?
Through the online approach or by contacting customer service professionals, passengers can change their flight reservations from economy to premium economy class. Following are the quick methods for upgrading your flight via online mode:
- Look around the official Lufthansa website.
- Go to the “My Bookings” tab, After entering your booking code and the passenger’s name, click “Find Booking.”
- To upgrade your booking class with Lufthansa Airlines, locate the “Modify” button.
- Finally, choose the premium economy cabin and then follow the on-screen directions to the checkout page.
- To receive the tickets at your registered email address, complete the booking by making a payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is premium economy on Lufthansa?
Premium economy on Lufthansa Airline is the comfortable cabin class that is better than the economy class. It offers additional checked baggage allowance, a smaller cabin close to the entry/exit of the economy class cabin, a selection of meals, lounge access for a fee, and amenity kits.
- 2. What is the price of a Lufthansa Air premium economy ticket?
Although it varies depending on demand for both service classes, a ticket for Premium Economy will frequently cost about twice as much as a ticket for the same flight in Economy.
- 3. How can I get a free upgrade to Lufthansa’s premium economy?
Unless there is a rare operational reason, like an oversell, Lufthansa generally does not upgrade passengers.
- 4. Does the Premium Economy of Lufthansa have priority boarding?
No, with Premium Economy, priority boarding is not available. As a result, travelers board the plane at the airport alongside those using Lufthansa Economy. Additionally, every passenger waits in the same line.
- 5. I have additional questions regarding the Economy Premium Class of Lufthansa Airlines, whom should I contact?
For any queries or if you want to learn more on Lufthansa premium economy review, get in touch with Vootfly. We are a team of experts that can guide you with the right information regarding any questions you may have.