Do you want to save your time at the airport? Don’t want to spend too much time waiting in the line for check-in? To save you precious time you can try the online web check-in, online boarding pass facility in Singapore Airlines. We have prepared a manual about Singapore Airlines Check-in for your benefit, so you don’t have to stress and spend your valuable time on trivial things. Keep on reading to know more about the check-in process.
Singapore Airlines is the flag carrier of the Republic of Singapore and operates across six continents. The Airline is famously known for being awarded the best Airlines in the world five times by Skytrax. Singapore Airlines has 75 international destinations in 32 countries and Singapore being its primary hub. Singapore Airlines has 156 aircrafts in its fleet and directly operates from Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore. The Airline is known to offer the best facilities on board and at the airport to the customers which includes a feasible check-in policy. To know more about Singapore Airlines Check-in facilities and policy, keep on reading.
What is Singapore Airlines Check-in Policy?
Singapore Airlines provides the feasibility and independence to you in every aspect from check-in to select meals before boarding.
- Those who are travelling from Singapore Airlines can check-in 48 hours – 1.5 prior to the scheduled departure.
- Customers can also opt for an online check-in facility available on the airline’s official website or through its mobile app. Just add your PNR number to search for your details and proceed with web check-in.
- For Economy passengers, the web check-in starts from 48 hours and closes 12 hours prior to scheduled departure.
- Singapore Airlines web check-in allows you to select your desired seats while using a mobile app. After check-in, the airlines ensure to send you the boarding pass along with the receipt on your registered email id.
What are the Benefits of Online Check-In?
The online check-in allows you to experience multiple benefits which you might not experience at the airport also.
- The online check-in saves your time which means you don’t have to reach the airport three or four hours before departure to complete your check-in procedure.
- Standing in a queue at the counter can be time consuming thus the Singapore Airlines online check-in saves you from that also, you just need to drop your baggage at the designated area of check-in and then you are on your way.
- Logging from anywhere to your account and proceed with your PNR and flight number to check-in for your scheduled flight with Singapore airlines.
What is Singapore Airlines Auto Check-in?
Singapore Airlines allows you to auto check-in for your flight 48 hours before departure. You can simply access your account and opt for auto check-in from Manage Booking after your booking has been confirmed. After you have been auto checked, you will receive a confirmation on your email regarding your flight details.
- After auto check-in you have the liberty to choose seats through Singapore Airlines online seat selection process.
- You are also allowed to choose your meal preference before the scheduled flight departure. You can even assign instructions to the airlines regarding specific meals such as gluten-free, dairy-free or even order cakes on board for birthdays.
- After auto check-in, you can purchase additional baggage at a fixed rate to escape the hassle at the airport.
- The Airlines also allows you to change your flight and upgrade your flights after check-in also.
Auto Check-in is not available in some cases:
- You can not auto check-in to your flight if you are travelling as an unaccompanied minor. In this case, Singapore Airlines check-in can only be done at the airport.
- You cannot proceed with auto check-in in case of group booking made for more than 9 people.
- You are not allowed to Auto check-in if you are on the waiting list of the flight. You can check-in at the airport counter only if there is an availability in the flight.
- The Airline also does not allow you to auto check-in if your passport is only valid for 6 months only.
What is Singapore Airlines Kiosk Check-in?
If you are at the airport and you don’t want to indulge with the long queues at the counter for Singapore Airlines check-in, you can help yourself with the kiosk check-in facility at the airport. Kiosks are small yet efficient technological machines which are used at high traffic areas. Nowadays, you can find Kiosks at every airport to divert the high customer volume from the airline counters. Singapore Airlines also has Kiosks which offers customers to check-in 24 before departure. You can also get your boarding pass from these self-service Kiosks to avoid any hassle.
What is Singapore Airlines Check-in Baggage Policy?
Singapore Airlines has clear instructions regarding check-in baggage policy. The baggage policy is based on weight or piece concept, depending on your destinations. Every customer is allowed to carry a certain free baggage as per Singapore Airlines check-in baggage policy. The free baggage allowance will be mentioned on the customer’s ticket after confirmation of booking.
- The Airlines strictly suggest not to pack any valuable items like laptop, precious metal, jewelleries, medicines or fragile objects in the checked-in baggage.
- You are advised not to carry any food item in your check-in baggage as well. Rather you can pack food items in your cabin baggage.
Baggage Allowance Limitations :
- If you are travelling in Economy class to or from all destinations except Canada and USA , then you are allowed to carry 2 free baggage weighing 30 kg each with a total Singapore Airlines check-in baggage size of 158 cm (62 inches).
- For premium economy, you are allowed to carry 2 free baggage of weight up to 35 kg each with a total measurement of 158 cm (62 inches).
- For Business Class, you are allowed to carry 2 free baggage of weight up to 40 kg each with a total measurement of 158 cm (62 inches).
- As for First Class and Suite passengers, they are allowed to carry baggage weighing up to 50 kg each with a total measurement of 158 cm (62 inches).
What have we learnt about Check-in in Singapore Airlines?
Singapore Airlines is acclaimed for its world-class services both at the airport and during on-board. If you wish to experience a smooth and feasible inflight experience then Singapore Airlines is the one for you. Be rest assured that the Airlines will provide you with amazing facilities from Singapore Airlines Check-in feasibility to ample baggage allowance. Choose Singapore Airlines to save your precious time and on top of it enjoy multiple benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get my Singapore Airlines online check-in boarding pass?
You can get your boarding pass via online check-in, with your mobile app, through airport self service Kiosks, and at the airport counter with the help of staff.
Does Singapore Airlines offer baggage allowance?
Yes, you can enjoy free baggage allowance from Singapore Airlines. If you are travelling in economy class, you can carry 2 pieces of free baggage weighing up to 30 kg each and 158 cm of total measurement.
Can I change my seat after check-in at Singapore Airlines?
Singapore Airlines allows you to choose your desired seat after check-in. You can also change your seat if needed after check-in.
What is Singapore Airlines Online check-in time ?
Singapore Airlines online check-in starts between 48 hours to 1.5 hours before departure.
Can I change my flight after check-in Singapore Airlines?
Yes, you can change your flight after check-in. You need to inform the airlines to change your flights.
How early can I check-in for my Singapore Airline Flight?
Singapore Airlines starts the check-in process 4 hours before scheduled departure. So, you can check-in 48 hours before your flight as well.
How much baggage is allowed to check-in in economy class?
Singapore Airlines checked-in baggage policy allows you to carry 2 free baggage each weighing up to 30 kg and measuring 158 cm (62 inches) total.
I am 15 years old travelling alone, can I do auto check-in for my Singapore Airlines flight?
No, if you are an unaccompanied minor taking Singapore Airlines, then you need adult supervision. Or you can check-in at the counter at the airport.
Can I check-in my baggage 24 hours before departure?
If you are departing from Singapore Changi Airport, then you may check-in 24 hours before departure and drop your luggage at the assigned baggage area.
What is the minimum time to check-in luggage?
The minimum time to check-in for your Singapore Airlines is 1.5 hours before departure.