Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy
When going on a journey, a passenger has a good probability of missing their flight. This typically occurs when travelers are unable to make it to their flight on time. There are several potential causes for this. Delays might occasionally cause travelers to miss their flights as well. Therefore, the airline has developed the Southwest missed flight policy to assist passengers in these situations. This policy aids customers in changing their flight or requesting a refund. Thus, it can be advantageous for the passengers of this airline to be aware of and comprehend the terms of this policy. Read the missed flight policies provided below to learn more about these in depth. Once you have a better understanding of these policies, you will know what to do next if you miss your flight.
A guide on the Missed flight Southwest policy:
The airline solely makes this policy with its customers in mind. You can get some quick instructions on what to do if you miss a flight by reading these policies.
- Airlines will let you board the following flight when one is canceled due to a natural disaster or give you a refund in the form of a travel voucher.
- If you miss a flight after a boarding pass and security check, airlines will not provide any compensation.
- The airline will let you board the following aircraft if you miss a flight due to an error on their end. This could be a delay in the security check or the first flight from the same airline.
- You can ask for a Southwest missed flight refund in the form of a travel voucher. This way, you can make future reservations if you don’t want a new ticket right away.
- If you miss a flight due to health reasons, airlines will accept compensation costs and provide a replacement ticket.
- A traveler can add their name to the standby list and wait for their ticket confirmation.
- A passenger’s partner or family members may ask for a refund if they miss a flight due to death.
Changing Southwest flights Process:
After missing a flight, you can make a change. Only in a few unique circumstances are passengers permitted to change their flights, according to the company. These situations include:
- Informing the airline
Southwest Airlines always attempts to understand its passengers. Therefore, it is always advisable to let them know if you are going to be late or need to change your flight. Only passengers who have previously notified the airline can change their flight, but they will incur a cost.
- Natural Calamities
There is a possibility that the airline will let you change the missed flight if you missed your journey due to a natural disaster.
- Medical Issues
Airlines may allow you to change your flight and board a new one if you have a medical ailment. But you will need to present your medical records and pay some money.
How to rebook missed flights?
To begin, a stand-by flight will not accommodate passengers who arrive at the airport more than two hours after missing their flight. After that, your reservation will be regarded as canceled. Rebooking your flight is your sole choice in this situation. To replace your original Southwest Airlines missed flight, you will need to make a new reservation. There are several ways to accomplish this. To find out if you are eligible for a rebooking, you must first check with the airline. Then, you can use the official Southwest website or call the airline’s numbers to rebook a flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What happens if I miss my Southwest flight?
If you missed your Southwest flight for personal reasons, the airline will assign you a new trip to the same location. When you get to the airport within two hours of missing your flight, you will be able to do this. When such an event occurs, you should promptly notify the agents.
- 2. How does Southwest accommodate missed flights due to weather?
If you can’t catch a flight due to inclement weather, passengers will be rebooked for any subsequent Southwest flight departing for a comparable location without incurring any additional fees.
- 3. How does Southwest accommodate missed flights?
Customers who arrive within two hours of their scheduled departure time will be accommodated by Southwest on a standby basis for the following flight to their destination.
- 4. Do Southwest Airlines save your points when you miss your flight?
Generally, when you miss a flight, you will also lose your points and when you rebook a new flight, you will earn new points. However, we recommend you contact Southwest Customer Support to have a clear idea about your miles.
- 5. I missed my flight Southwest, what happened to my luggage?
When you miss a flight with Southwest, you must inform Southwest about your baggage. Thereafter, they will try to reroute your baggage to your final destination and will also try to hold them for you until your arrival.
- 6. How many times can you reschedule missed Southwest flights?
You can reschedule your Southwest flights as many times as you like but get ready to always pay a fee for the same.
- 7. What if a plane delay causes missed connecting flights on the southwest?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to get a refund if you miss your connecting Southwest flight. However, if there are any uncertain circumstances, you should have a word with the airline. The airline may try to help you.
- 8. What happens if I missed my flight with Southwest, can I still get a refund?
If there are no genuine reasons for you missing your Southwest flights, you will not receive a refund. Nevertheless, Southwest accept reimbursement fees and let their guests catch the following trip.